Wrong Login Screen/Popup HelpProblem:
When parents try to load the Parent Portal, they get a prompt like shown below on the left rather than the myCampus Parent Portal website shown on the right. This is an intermittent problem and is solved by waiting and trying later.
There are not definitive answers from myCampus about how to correct this intermittent problem. The non-technical advice is to just try later when the servers are less busy. The state help desk has provided the following technical advice and claims success. The first suggestion below is their suggestion. The second suggestion may not be as effective. It is a suggestion commonly given to solve many general myCampus issues. The #2.d to #2.f instructions are required.
Each suggestion below requires the following steps: opening Internet Explorer, clicking the "Tools" drop down menu, and clicking the "Internet Options" bar (From XP workstation).
- Verify or change the "Security" settings in Internet Explorer
- Follow the steps above to see the "Security" tab and click the "Security" tab
- Click "Custom Level" button at the bottom of the "Security" tab
- Scroll down to the bottom to see "User Authentication" category and "Logon" subcategory. (Very last choice)
- Bullet "Prompt for user name and password" under the "Logon" subcategory. (The default was "Automatic Logon only in Intranet Zone").
- Click "OK", "YES", and "OK" for each succeeding screen to save settings
- Delete the temporary files/cookies and verify settings under "Temporary Internet Settings" in Internet Explorer
- Follow the steps above to see the "General" tab and click the "General" tab
- Click "Delete Cookies" button under "Temporary Internet Settings" section then "OK" button" to delete cookies
- Click "Delete Files" button under "Temporary Internet Settings" section then "OK" button" to delete temporary internet files
- Click "Settings" button under "Temporary Internet Settings" to see the "Settings" window
- Bullet "Every visit to the page" under "Check for newer versions of stored pages:"
- Click the "OK" button to close "Settings" window and "OK" to save settings.